Saffron Totemic Lamp Pendant
HANDMADE IN RWANDA
Lighting just got way more fun!
Designed by Valeria Fervorari and Andrea Guatta Caldini of Studio Ocra, these versatile lamp pendants can be used in both directions and bring instant visual texture to your room. These pendants can be used as decoration and accent lighting in any room. We recommend a twin set for symmetrical bedside hanging lighting, or hang several pendants over your dining room table for an eclectic and worldly feel. Lighting hardware sold separately.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. These delicately textured and woven lamp pendants were made by groups of women in intimate communities across rural Rwanda where sisal fibers are wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman over the course of roughly one week in her home in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Approximately 6.3” D x 6.8” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Handmade in Rwanda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweetgrass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
Meaning & Purpose
Studio Ocra is a multidisciplinary design studio based in Brooklyn, New York. Their aesthetic is characterized by attention to details, with a love for sustainable materials and natural textures. Founders, Valeria and Andrea, have always been fascinated by the craft work of ancient techniques, so partnering to design a collection for KAZI was an easy decision. Their charming KAZI collection is elegant and inspiring. This product was handmade by an artisan in rural Rwanda, over a period of days in her home. The sale of this product means a fair wage and an opportunity to provide for her family where few job opportunities exist. By pairing market access with training and education, KAZI artisans are earning 10x traditional wages and are transforming into well respected business leaders in their communities, helping lead and create a positive future.