THE SECRET RIVER APP
- The Secret River app brings Andrew Bovell's play text together with rich and insightful multimedia content.
- Offers readers a curated experience of the play as a whole: on stage, behind the scenes and in production.
MY ROLE: PROJECT MANAGER, CURATOR & PRODUCER
- Sourced, selected and oversaw production of all content and app design.
- Produced all audio; performed as interviewer.
- The full play text.
- Andrew Bovell takes readers on a tour of The Secret River—twenty-six audio grabs are embedded throughout the play text, each taken from an interview with Andrew, which was made available in full as part of the Not in Print podcast.
- Andrew Bovell introduces the main characters—eleven audio grabs.
- A suite of nine images from the Sydney Theatre Company's 2013 production, shot by renowned photographer Heidrun Löhr.
- Wesley Enoch's response to the play, Still Waters—offering critical analysis and personal reflections.
- Extensive teachers' notes by Rachel Ford.
Main image: Riverscape at Colo River or Nepean Gorge, NSW. Photographer: unknown.
Production photos: Heidrun Löhr.
In-app design work: The Nest / Frost Collective.
Screenshots courtesy of Currency Press.