THE DOLL APP
- Ground-breaking, multi-award winning iOS app
- Builds a holistic, curated experience of Australia's most well known play, Summer of the Seventeenth Doll by Ray Lawler.
- Extends the play's resonance within the Australian dramatic canon, as well as the broader cultural landscape.
MY ROLE: PROJECT MANAGER & CURATOR
- Sourced, selected and oversaw production of all content and app design.
- Secured special publishing grant from the Australia Council to fund the app's development, content, and overall realisation.
- Complete play text, which is fully searchable and comes with the ability to add personal annotations.
- Ray Lawler talks to Alison Croggon in a 20 minute video interview shot specifically for the app, charting the play's illustrious history, from its genesis to present day.
- 145 audio grabs embedded throughout the app, offering a guided tour of the play, its history, and the characters, with insights into key productions from some of the country's most respected actors and theatre practitioners.
- 218 photos, programmes, letters and design sketches drawn from Australia's most significant theatrical institutions, creating a visual timeline of the play from its first ever performance up to the most recent national tour.
- A range of critical articles about the play. Written at different periods during the play's life, they allow contemporary readers to see how perspectives of the work have evolved over time.
- Australian Interactive Media Industry Association Awards: Best of Tablet—Learning and Education, 2014
- Australian Publishers Association: Best Digital Media Teaching Resource, 2013
- Drama Victoria: Best Australian Multimedia Presentation specifically designed for Drama and Theatre Education, 2013